Not long ago we added a new dynamic widget to the Layar Creator: the Clickable Carousel. Basically, it works just like the existing Image Carousel widget, but offers the ability to add links to each image so users can tap them to visit various pieces of online content.
There are several cases in which this widget is useful and fun for the user, including the example in the video tutorial above which we created. We added various dresses and hats to a model that you can swipe through to mix and match styles, and clicking on the images takes you to the mobile shopping pages for those items. You can try it by scanning the image below.
To make your own Clickable Carousel, just follow these steps:
- Drag the widget onto your page
- Click “+” to upload the first image
- Add the URL it should link to
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until all images are added, then click “Apply Changes”
- Resize and reposition the widget
- Test and publish!