Here are the known issues in v5.0 layar client for IPhone.This list will be updated regularly before we have the next update.
- We are aware of some crashing issues after updating to v5.0 from appstore. We are working hard to identify the issues and try to put a new update as soon as possible. (QAREV-100)
[Solution]: Fixed in layar v5.0.1.
- Internal web view shows blank page on iOS4.3.1 (QAREV-101) [Note]: This seems to affect some layers and the issue can be reproduced on iOS4.2.1.
- Simple appearance animation is not working. (QAREV-105)
- Bird view/Eye view option is missing. (MAIN-1451)
- Filters (custom slider and search box) have different parameter names in the getPOI request (MAIN-1402) [workaround]: According to layer definition, filters like Custom slider should have CUSTOM_SLIDER, CUSTOM_SLIDER_1, CUSTOM_SLIDER_2 and so on as their parameter names in the getPOIs request. However, in the current IPhone client, the first custom slider will have CUSTOM_SLIDER_0 in the getPOIs request instead of CUSTOM_SLIDER. Therefore, some layers might not return any POIs in the IPhone client. The workaround is that in the web service, developers can implement a mechanism to interpret the difference. This bug should be fixed in the next update (not v5.0.1).
share button is disabled when sharing to facebook&twitter are disabled but sharing screenshot to dev is still enabled (MAIN-1488)
- Checkbox list order is wrong for some layers. (MAIN-1426)
- Layer definition is not cached correctly after getting the new layer definition using the search function. (MAIN-1481)
sometimes layer icon is missing in the search result list (MAIN-1489)
'0 results found' status message shown before the getPOI request has even been made (QAREV-101)
- Lighting of 3D models on iPhone effect too strong, there should always be a minimum lighting. (MAIN-1421)
- Buttons icons shown reversed on the iPhone client (MAIN-743)
- autotrigger action is not played completely in certain layer (MAIN-1395)
- POI icon (2d image) is cut off when it is two close to the user.(MAIN-1105)
[Resolved as won't fix]: This is due to the limitation on OpenGL. We could not do much about it.
- The same auto-trigger action is launched again when the layer is refreshed (the user is still in the auto-trigger range) (MAIN-1252)
- Public layers can be found in search result regardless the countryCode parameter. (MAIN-1283)
- No warning when location is disabled, client makes queries with lat/lon=0.000 (MAIN-469)
- No localization support, only in English. (MAIN-954)
[NOTE]: Other languages will be supported soon in the next small update.
- Sometimes, layar crashes after waking device from sleep model. (MAIN-1214)
- Layar app crashes while loading invalid 3d model.(MAIN-1272)
- Design of layer detail page is not finished. (MAIN-435)