Here is the release note for Layar v5.0 release on the IPhone platform.
- New UI focusing on discovery of layers. (Please see details on Navigation in Layar Client v5.0 page)
- Animation API including simple appearance animation and fully customizable animations. (Please see details on animation for API 5 page)
- Ability to share layers on Facebook and Twitter (built in functionality)
- Ability to take screenshots in AR view and share to Facebook and Twitter (built in functionality)
- Developer initiated sharing on layer and POI level via actions (please see details on Sharing API 5 page)
- Removed pre-filled text for sharing on Facebook (please see details on Sharing API 5 page)
- Ability to upload a screenshot to layer developer's own web server. (can be defined under the API endpoint section of the layer editing page in the layer publishing environment. )
- User interaction Dialog feature in API v5.0. (please see details on User interaction Dialog API 5 page)
- Notification to end user when premium layers are unpublished.
- Since Layar v5.0, the minimum requirement for the IPhone iOS is iOS4.0 and upwards. Layar will no longer support iOS 3.1.x.
- Rotating from portrait to landscape messes up the compass direction by 90 degrees (MAIN-1131)
- Not being able to walk around a 3d model
- relativeAlt parameter not correctly interpreted in the camera view. (MAIN-504)
- After completely closing layer from background, Layar won't start again. (MAIN-1050)
- The list view does not show any message or POIs while POIs are being loaded. (MAIN-941)
- Deleted hotspot is displayed on the radar (MAIN-1080)
- Activity message is not shown in the map view. (MAIN-1087)
- Opened layer actions pop-up menu in Camera view is still in portrait mode when the device is changed from portrait mode to landscape mode. (MAIN-1100)
- New filter settings will not be applied until user changes the search range. (MAIN-1028)
- POI icon (2d image) is cut off when it is two close to the user.(MAIN-1105)
[Resolved as won't fix]: This is due to the limitation on OpenGL. We could not do much about it.
- The same auto-trigger action is launched again when the layer is refreshed (the user is still in the auto-trigger range) (MAIN-1252)
- Public layers can be found in search result regardless the countryCode parameter. (MAIN-1283)
- No warning when location is disabled, client makes queries with lat/lon=0.000 (MAIN-469)
- No localization support, only in English. (MAIN-954)
[NOTE]: Other languages will be supported soon in the next small update.
- Sometimes, layar crashes after waking device from sleep model. (MAIN-1214)
- Layar app crashes while loading invalid 3d model.(MAIN-1272)
- Design of layer detail page is not finished. (MAIN-435)