On 30th March 2012, we released Layar v6.2 to the Appstore.
Highlights of this release:
- AR Video: Streaming Video in Camera Mode on dual core phones. (Please check out API v6.2 preview to learn how to include AR video in a vision layer)
- Improved handling of Video on single core phones.
- Improved Layar Maintenance messaging
- Bug Fixes, including more responsive augments and better tracking.
- Periodic hanging in visual search state results in manually forcing app closed (MAIN-4596)
- Strange white rectangle appears when loading preview screenshot in layer details page (MAIN-4454)
- App crashes if an invalid content-type (image/jpg instead of image/jpeg) is assigned to a vision POI object. (MAIN-4521)
- App crashes if POI id is not set.
- App crashes when opening a geo layer while loading resources. (MAIN-4479)
- Make sure default axis is z-axis for rotation if the axis is not set in the POI response.
- Pressing/tapping a button does not result in a consistent experience. (MAIN-4582)
- Search result shows a layer with wrong icon. (MAIN-4641)
- "Refresh" button is misplaced in AR view, when device in landscape mode. (MAIN-4642)
- onCreate animation: the final state of the animation is not kept once the layer is refreshed. (MAIN-4498)
A list of known issues for v6.2 can be found here.