If you have noticed that Layar can not recognize a certain QR code, please check the following list for troubleshooting.
1. No alignment in the QR code
In most cases, a QR code will have the alignment illustrated below which is needed for Layar to recognize.
If you get a QR code that does not have this alignment, you can follow the steps below to correct this:
- Launch a QR code generator, for instance, http://zxing.appspot.com/generator/
- Fill in the necessary information to generate the QR code.
- If the alignment is missing (as shown above), change the Error correction value to "H" and generate the QR code again.
2. If you want to link to a web page, please make sure that you are using the entire URL. Do NOT miss http(s)://.
We are looking into possibilities to support cases where http(s):// is missing. However, it is a general practice to use the full URL.